Rough Runner is an obstacle course challenge, combining distance running with a variety of unique obstacles along the way, each inspired by game shows such as Total Wipeout, Takeshi’s Castle, Gladiators, and Fun House. Expect sweeper arms, giant pigeon battles, big balls and yes, The Travelator!
You can take part in a 5k, 10k and 15k
No matter if you run as part of a group of family and friends, or on your own, every step you take is helping to make a difference to the lives of people affected by cancer.
When and where
Rough Runner takes place in various locations around the UK from April to October. Your start time will be confirmed by Rough Runner 10 days prior to the event and will be between 9am-3pm.
- July 21st/22nd - North East (5k, 10k, 15k) Lambton Estate, Bonemill Lane, Chester Le Street, Durham, NE38 9HA
- August 18th/19th - Scotland (5k, 10k, 15k) Hopetoun House, Queensferry, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH52 6PZ
- September 15th/16th - London (5k, 10k, 15k) Finsbury Park, Haringey, London, N4 1EE
- October 13th/14th - Bristol/South West (5k, 10k, 15k) Easter Compton Farm, Main Road, Easter Compton, Bristol, BS35 5RE
How to join Maggie's running team
We have a number of charity places available in the Rough Runner, so enter as a team or as an individual!
- The Registration fee is £40
- Minimum sponsorship target is £100
You can register online now to sign up for a charity place.
How we'll support you
Maggie's will provide you with all of the fundraising and training support you will need to take you across the finishing line:
- Dedicated fundraising contact
- Fundraising pack
- Running vest
- Opportunity to visit your local Maggie's Centre
Get in touch
If you have any further questions about fundraising for Maggie’s in the Rough Runner, please contact Maggie's Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0300 123 1801.