Rough Runner is an obstacle course challenge, combining distance running with a variety of unique obstacles along the way, each inspired by game shows such as Total Wipeout, Takeshi’s Castle, Gladiators, and Fun House. Expect sweeper arms, giant pigeon battles, big balls and yes, The Travelator!
You can take part in a 5k, 10k and 15k
No matter if you run as part of a group of family and friends, or on your own, every step you take is helping to make a difference to the lives of people affected by cancer.
When and where
Rough Runner takes place in various locations around the UK from April to October. Your start time will be confirmed by Rough Runner 10 days prior to the event and will be between 9am-3pm.
- April 13th/14th - The South - Sussex (5k, 10k, 15k) Wiston Estate, Steyning Road, Steyning, BN44 3DZ
- May 18th/19th - Oxford (5k, 10k, 15k) The Great Tew Park, New Road, Chipping Norton, OX7 4AH
- June 15th/16th - Manchester/North West (5k, 10k, 15k) Arley Hall & Gardens, Northwich, Cheshire, CW9 6NA
- July 20th/21st - North East (5k, 10k, 15k) Lambton Estate, Chester Le Street, County Durham, NE38 9HA
- August 17th/18th - Scotland (5k, 10k, 15k) Penicuik Estate, Carlops Road, Penicuik, Edinburgh, EH26 9LA
- October 5th/6th - London (5k, 10k, 15k) Finsbury Park, Haringey, London, N4 1EE
How to join Maggie's running team
We have a number of charity places available in the Rough Runner, so enter as a team or as an individual!
- The Registration fee is £40
- Minimum sponsorship target is £100
You can register online now to sign up for a charity place.
How we'll support you
Maggie's will provide you with all of the fundraising and training support you will need to take you across the finishing line:
- Dedicated fundraising contact
- Fundraising pack
- Running vest
- Opportunity to visit your local Maggie's Centre
Get in touch
If you have any further questions about fundraising for Maggie’s in the Rough Runner, please contact Maggie's Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0300 123 1801.