November is National Stress Awareness month and we're asking you to take a minute to de-stress with your colleagues, family and friends and raise money for Maggie's at the same time.
Having cancer is almost always a stressful experience. That’s why every Maggie’s centre offers specialist support to help with the stress and anxiety of a cancer diagnosis – we need your help to continue providing this support.
Stress Down Friday, on Friday 8 November, is a fun way to get everyone together and take some time out of your busy schedules to help stay on top of your stress levels.
Your free fundraising pack has loads of great tips from our professional staff to help you get started planning your day.
Because of you, we can continue to provide support to people who are going through one of the most stressful things life can throw at them.
How to take part
1. Register for your free pack with loads of great ways to de-stress and fundraise
2. Decide where to hold your Stress Down Friday – the office, your school or local community centre?
3. Ask your colleagues, friends and family to take part
4. Stress Down! – use some of the ideas in your pack and ask for a donation
5. Send your donations to us via post, online via JustGiving, or pop into your local Maggie's
Support people like John
It's because of the incredible fundraising from people like you, that we're able to provide free support to people with cancer and their loved ones when they need it most.
£20 means we’re here to support someone with cancer from the moment they’re diagnosed.
£40 will pay for someone with cancer to get expert benefits advice, helping them focus on their treatment and less on the struggle of supporting their family.
£50 means someone who’s just been told they have cancer will get immediate support from one of our trained Cancer Support Specialists.
£90 will pay for a family that’s struggling to cope with a cancer diagnosis to see one of our Psychologists, who can help them to communicate and work through difficult feelings.